“Synth1 is a free software synthesizer. Functionally it is modelled on the Clavia Nord Lead 2 Red Synth.
- 4 types of filters, distortion.
- Arpeggiator (synchronized with host).
- Tempo delay (synchronized with host), stereo chorus/flanger.
- Legato mode, portamento.
- 2 Oscillators, FM modulation, ring modulation, sync, modulation envelope.
- 16 notes polyphony.
- 2 LFOs (synchronized with host).
- 128 presets.
- Thoroughly optimized for light CPU load using SSE instructions, etc.
Source : Ichiro Toda
My download only came with the Windows installer. Isn’t there supposed to be a Mac OS version? At least the icons and description suggest there is, but where or how will I find it?
It’s not compatible with newer versions of Mac OS… we really need the team to get back on developing this gem of a software
Can I save patches to wav format and load them into my sampler for play back in real time.
many people think this is the best free subtractive synth. gotta say that that video does not do justice whatsoever. put on the Chorus and Unison, and you have got a real phat sound. It has a very distinctive personality, and it might have exactly the sound you’re looking for. Try using a Cabinet with it. I always use it for my subs. You can have up to 16 Voices and its super low CPU. For being “cheap looking”, it actually looks cool — especially once you fall in love with it. Only has Saw. Square, Sine and Triangle though. Super crisp Saw; just the way you like it.