“s(M)exoscope is an oscilloscope VST plugin. You can use it to visually monitor audio wave forms.
- Available as a Standard insert effect or as a special Modular version optimized especially for modular VST hosts like Plogue Bidule or AudioMulch.
- Display controls – Time (number of pixels per sample) & Amp (amplitude of the waveform in the display).
- Retrigger modes – Free, Internal, Rising & Falling – with Retrigger Threshold. External mode also available in the modular version.
- Options – Sync Redraw, Freeze, DC-Kill & Channel.
The s(M)exoscope also contains a tool that can be used to analyze the waveform currently in the display. Based on where you place a marker, the tool analyzes the x and y dimensions of the waveform to calculate the following:
- Selection amplitude (linear).
- Selection amplitude (decibels).
- Selection length (in samples).
- Selection length (in seconds).
- Selection length (in milliseconds).
- Selection frequency (assuming that the selection is one cycle in length).”