“Phantom Center is a stereo imager plugin that works by extracting the phantom center from a stereo signal (this is not mid/side).
Making these plugins takes a lot of time and research. If you want to help, please consider paying for it. You can always come back here and “purchase again” after trying it for 0$, or when updating. Thanks :)
Latest version : 1.0.1
- Contrary to your usual mid/side processor, the sides components tend here to be decorrelated (with mid/side they would be negatively correlated). For example, hard panned signals don’t leak into the center or into the other side.
- The HPF and LPF parameters control the cutoff frequencies of the filters applied to the extracted phantom center. What’s outside this frequency range is redirected to the side channels.
- It’s also possible to get separated LCR channels if you want to process them individually (see the user guide). Note that the extraction algorithm is more on the aggressive side and wasn’t specifically designed for “upmixing”. However, just splitting and recombining is lossless.
M1 Mac users : Note that I don’t have an M1 myself yet. Until then, if bugs are found, it may take more time to fix them.
*AAX needs at least Pro Tools 10.3.5+
VST® is a trademark of Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH.
Audio Unit® is a trademark of Apple, Inc.
AAX® is a trademark of Avid, Inc.
- Windows 7+ x64VST3, AAX*
- Windows 7+ x86 (32-bit)VST3
- MacOS 10.9+ x64VST3, AAX*, AU
- MacOS M1 arm64VST3, AU
- Linux (Debian 10+) x64VST3
- Linux (Debian 10+) i686VST3″
Source : bertom.gumroad.com