“TAL-NoiseMaker is an improved version of TAL-Elek7ro and has a completely new synth engine and a lot of improvements in sound and usability. The synth also includes a small effect section with a reverb, chorus and a simple bit crusher effect.
A display shows the knob and slider values. This allows more control over the synth. A ringmodulator and a syncable triangle are also part of this synth. TAL-NoiseMaker includes new filter types as the self resonating 6dB low pass and a notch filter. Its improved amplitude ADSR is very suitable for slow pads as for really fast envelopes. 128 factory presets included, 80 made by Frank “Xenox” Neumann / Particular – Sound.
Properties and tutorial:
- 3 Oscillators
Osc 1, +- 24 semitones, fine tune, phase control (saw, pulse, noise).
Osc 2, +- 24 semitones, fine tune, phase control (saw, rectangle, triangle, sine).
Sub Osc (rectangle).
- Osc 1 PM for pulse waveform.
- Osc 2 FM controled by Osc 1.
- Osc 1 & Osc 2 sync to sub osc (saw, pulse, rectangle, triangle(bipolar sync)).
- Adjustable master tune and transpose.
- Up to 6 voices.
- Portamento in mono and poly mode (off, auto, on).
- Ringmod modulates Osc 1 with Osc 2
- Self resonating 4x oversampled filters (24 dB LP, 18 dB LP, 12 dB LP, 6 dB LP, 12 dB HP, 12 dB BP, Notch)
- Filter ADSR (negative and positive)
- Volume ADSR
- Routable ADSR, modulates Filter, Osc 1, Osc 2, PW, FM (negative and positive)
- 2 LFO’s with different running modes: free, sync to host, triggered by note.
Modulates filter, osc 1, osc 2, fm, pw, lfo rate, panorama and volume.
Sine, triangle, saw square, s&h, noise.
Positive and negative modulation.
- Adjustable Velocity dependent control over volume filtercontour and cutoff.
- Adjustable Pitch Wheel control over Cutoff and Pitch.
- One pole HP filter.
- Detune, detunes notes randomly.
- Juno chorus with different modes.
- A built in reverb.
- A built in delay.
- Adjustable filter drive.
- Bitcrusher, affects osc 1 and osc 2. Its a pre the filter stage effect.
- Midi learn for all knobs.
- Panic button.
- Easy to use, no hidden panels.
- 256 great presets (Presets by Frank “Xenox” Neumann / Particular – Sound, The Unshushable Coktor, Alexandra Sendy, TAL, Patrick Kunz).
- Its free and open source under the GPL license. This means that you have to release the source if you modificate or use the code in any way. Commercial use of the source is not allowed.
TAL Noisemaker User Guide 1.0.pdfMade by Paul Hillier http://paulkhillier.wordpress.com
- A mouse click adds a new point.
- Double click or dragging a point to the bottom deletes a point.
- Every point has two control points that allows to modify the spline behavior.
Demos. Only using TAL-NoiseMaker, also for drums:
- FN-NoisemakerV1_2-17-07-10.mp3 (video) by Xenox
- B4RTH-Close_the_door_please.mp3 by Bastiaan b4rth.com uses 14 TAL-NoiseMaker and 3 TAL-Dub-III
- TAL-NoiseMaker_Demo01.mp3 by TAL
- TAL-NoiseMaker_Demo02.mp3 by TAL
The plugin uses the open source JUCE framework. The TAL source code is released under the Gnu Public Licence, which means it can be freely copied and distributed, and costs nothing to use in open-source applications. Please contact me if you want use some parts of the code in a commercial product:
Source : Togu Audio Line