“Free compressor with perfect curves
Ultra clean peak compressor/limiter with punchy attack, musical release, and optional lookahead smoothing, for tracks or busses. Zero/low latency and low CPU. Warm distortion at extreme settings.
- Fast or same-sample attack times that never sound “clicky”, even in zero latency mode
- Innovative digital envelope detection algorithm allows for much lower distortion than typical peak compressors (see a plot of a 1kHz hard limited sine wave in zero latency mode)
- Optional lookahead FIR gain smoothing for an even cleaner sound
- True zero attack (same-sample) when “0.0 ms” is selected
- Dual parallel release stage with musical, highly history-dependent behaviour. Avoids use of multiple compressors in series!
- Easy sidechain filtering options for common mixing situations
- Low CPU, fully 64-bit DSP code, making full use of SSE instructions. Insert on every track without a second thought!
- Zero latency with lookahead off. With lookahead on, compensated latency of 1.5ms
- No phase shift: can be used in parallel
FirComp Low Ratio “quick addition” version
This is a “quick addition” version of FirComp while v2.0 is under development. This version breaks compatibility with current projects and needs to be rescanned to work correctly. It adds additional compression ratios of 1.2 and 1.5, and an additional 100Hz sidechain hipass filter option.
- 64-bit VST3 for Windows
- Intel 64-bit VST3 for Mac OSX 10.11+
- Intel 64-bit Audio Unit (AU2) for Mac OSX 10.11+
- Intel 64-bit VST3 for Linux (built on Ubuntu 18.04
Installation simply involves downloading and unzipping the correct file, then copying the plugin file/bundle into the correct folder/directory for your system. Depending on your DAW or host software, you may then need to “rescan” your plugin folder. The folders/directories suggested below are the defaults for most systems, but you may have a different preferred location.
- Windows VST3: Copy the FirComp.vst3 file to the C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3 folder.
- Mac OSX VST3: Put the FirComp.vst3 file inside the /Users/[YOUR USERNAME HERE]/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3/ folder. Alternatively, from the finder menu bar, click on Go -> Go to Folder… and enter /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3/ then click on Go, then copy to that location.
- Mac OSX AU2: Put the FirComp.component file inside the /Users/[YOUR USERNAME HERE]/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/ folder. Alternatively, from the Finder menu bar, click on Go -> Go to Folder… and enter /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/ then click on Go, then copy to that location.”
Source : https://jonvaudio.com/fircomp/