It’s a Distortion Effect
BPB Dirty Filter Plus takes the original Dirty Filter’s distortion capabilities a few steps further. We included four different Dirt modes, each delivering a unique flavor of audio degradation. Don’t worry; the original Dirt mode is still there!
You can choose between four unique Dirt modes:
- Mode A (Original) – The classic tube-style distortion that made you fall in love with the original BPB Dirty Filter. Designed to be highly versatile, it is capable of delivering subtle tube-style saturation, aggressive distortion, and sheer sonic destruction.
- Mode B (Acid) – It’s what your audio would sound like if sprinkled with acid. The “B” dirt mode corrodes the signal in an aggressive yet musical way, creating entirely new textures. It brings boring sounds to life or closer to death as it eats through them, depending on how you look at it, musically, of course. Hint: it sounds amazing on 303 basslines.
- Mode C (Dust) – Subtle distortion that adds a thick layer of dust for an instant lo-fi sound. The “C” dirt mode is perfect for drum breaks, drum machines, digital synthesizers, and anything else that you want to sound less shiny and more vintage.
- MODE D (Cyber) – Reduces the bit depth and sampling rate, resulting in a carefully tuned bitcrushed sound. The “D” dirt mode is perfect for use on synthesized bass sounds, percussion, and robotic SFX.
Don’t forget to use the Mix knob to blend the distorted signal with the original audio. This is especially useful when working with drums.
It’s a Compressor
We equipped BPB Dirty Filter Plus with a highly transparent compressor with auto-gain compensation. While developing the compressor module, we had one word in mind: subtle. It brings out the finer details in your recordings while gently increasing the overall loudness.
If you’re using BPB Dirty Filter Plus as a coloration tool for enhancing your drum bus, the built-in compressor will help you add some glue without destroying the transients.
It’s a Dual Filter
We separated the Slope control for the high-pass and low-pass filters. It is now possible to have a more transparent high-pass filter while making the low-pass more aggressive and vice-versa.
Remember that BPB Dirty Filter Plus doesn’t need to sound distorted at all. You can keep the Dirt parameter at zero to keep the filters fully transparent and squeaky clean.
- 4 Dirt modes (Original, Acid, Dust, and Cyber);
- Dual filters (HP and LP);
- Adjustable filter slope (12-48 dB/Oct);
- Transparent compression;
- Mix (0 – 100%);
- Output volume (±12 dB).
- Available for Windows & macOS;
- 64-bit compatible;
- VST3/AU plugin formats.