“What is AudioGridder?
AudioGridder is a plugin host that allows for offloading the DSP processing of audio plugins to remote computers running macOS or Windows. The DSP code of the loaded plugins will be executed on the server machine and the plugin UIs will be streamed over the wire.
The AudioGridder server supports the VST2, VST3 and AudioUnit plugin formats.
Plugins can be hosted and accessed across the network: simply connect your DAW using the AudioGridder plugin. This allows you to add remote insert chains or instruments into your DAWs signal paths. You get an experience close to hosting the plugins directly in your DAW.
The AudioGridder plugin is supported in the formats VST2, VST3, AAX and AudioUnit.
AudioGridder is open source and free software licensed under the MIT license.
If you use AudioGridder, please consider supporting the project with a donation
Alternatively, AudioGridder supports a Generic Editor, that allows for direct access to the parameters of a plugin.
- VST2 / VST3 / AAX / AudioUnit (macOS only)
- Effect & Instrument plugins
- Latency compensation
- 32/64 bit float processing
- Audio over network
- Midi over network
- Streaming of plugin UIs
- Local control of remote plugin UIs
- Unlimited remote effect plugin chains
- Generic Plugin Parameter Editor
- Plugin search
- Server: macOS 10.7+ (Intel/Apple), Windows 7+
- Plugin: macOS 10.7+ (Intel/Apple), Windows 7+, Linux 64bit
- The server supports AudioUnit (macOS only) and VST2/VST3 plugins
- The plugin is available as AudioUnit (macOS only) and VST2/VST3/AAX
- Tested DAWs: Cubase 10 Pro, Pro Tools 12/2020.12, Logic Pro X, Reaper, Ableton Live, but others are being used too
The plugin is currently supported on macOS, Windows and Linux as VST2, VST3, AAX and AudioUnit (on macOS only).
With the AudioGridder FX plugin you can plug a remote insert effect chain into your DAW’s channel inserts. From there you can insert any FX plugin available on the connected server.
Instruments work similarly. Create a software instrument track in your DAW and select the AudioGridder plugin as instrument. Now you can load any of the instrument plugins available on the server.
Each AudioGridder plugin instance will connect to a single remote server instance. But each separate loaded plugin instance can connect to a different server, so you can connect to multiple servers from your DAW at the same time.”
Source : audiogridder.com