The TDR Feedback Compressor II is a major design update of its critically acclaimed predecessor. The compressor is dedicated to compressing the highest fidelity stereo program (2-buss), but equally shines in classic mixing tasks.
Most modern compressors analyze the input signal to control gain reduction, using a “feed-forward” topology. TDR Feedback Compressor II, however, analyzes the output. This approach delivers an unobtrusive and highly musical compression characteristic. TDR Feedback Compressor II takes this traditional compression topology to new heights with a highly flexible, yet intuitive control scheme. The compressor has been carefully tuned for intuitive and musical operation for almost every situation.
We want to emphasize the fact that the processor neither tries to emulate any previously available device, nor does it follow popular trends like “virtual analogue”, “circuit modeling” or similar buzz words. This is a proud digital processor, made with an immense amount of love and care.
- Beautiful “Feed-Back Compression” sound and behavior
- 64bit floating point precision for all relevant calculations
- Multi-rate processing structure for highest accuracy, critical operations run up to 8 times the audio rate
- Delta oversampled signal path (bit transparent at 0dB gain reduction)
- Three side-chain filter slopes: 3dB/Oct, 6dB/Oct and 12dB/Oct
- Super fast and natural sounding compression
- Unique control scheme with independent release controls for peak and RMS events, as well as a compression Crest Factor control
- Advanced stereo linking options optimized for the stereo bus
- Delta preview mode to preview the difference between compressed and original signal
- Latency compensated parallel bypass (i.e. processing not interrupted)”
Source : Tokyo Dawn Labs