“HISE is a cross-platform open source audio application for building virtual instruments.
HISE emphasizes on sampling, but includes some basic synthesis features for making hybrid instruments. You can build patches, design a custom interface and compile them as a VST / AU plug-in or iOS app.
HISE is available as Standalone application or as VST / AU plugin for Mac OS X and Windows.
- fast disk streaming sampler engine using memory mapped files.
- Import SFZ files, Mach5 files or AIFFs with metadata from Keymap Pro.
- File name parser for automapping samples.
- multi mic sample support (with purging of single mic channels).
- looping with crossfades.
- sample start modulation.
- crossfade between samples for dynamic sustain samples.
- customizable voice start behaviour.
- regex parser for mapping samples.
- custom monolith file format for faster loading times.
- switch sample mappings dynamically.
- complex modulation architecture for nested modulation of common parameters.
- includes the most common modulators (LFO, envelopes).
- fast convolution reverb.
- filters / eq.
- phaser / chorus.
- delay / reverb.
- write MIDI processing scripts.
- change voice properties (volume & pitch).
- create plugin interfaces with a WYSIWYG editor.
- built in IDE features (autocomplete / API reference, variable watch, console debugging).
- combine DSP routines for custom effects.
C / C++ compiler:
- embedded C JIT compiler for fast prototyping of DSP routines (based on TinyCC).
- API for adding DSP modules via dynamic libraries.
- one click C++ build system for building VST / AU / AAX plugins (based on JUCE) from within HISE (using msbuild / xcodebuild).
- GPL v3 or a commercial licence for closed source usage.
- HISE is based on JUCE, which must be separately licensed.”